I went to bed at 8pm shortly after my kid and husband did. We are all exhausted and the husband has been dodging a migraine for the last 2.5 days. Sometimes he doesn’t move fast enough and it hits him pretty hard. I am tired. I’ve been tired all day… and I have been hiding out all day. I couldn’t sleep aftering reading for an hour so I got up because I had the itch to write. I’m suffering from some major xenophobia as of late. I’d like to say that it started with the new iOS update- but I think it probably started before that. I’ve noticed a distinct difference in how flexible/excited/pleased I am with products and their new changes when I am working for the company versus when I am not. Almost ALWAYS I hate their new stuff when I’m not working for them. I’m almost positive, but too lazy to verify, that the last major iTunes update (which I hated) was after I left the orchard.
So changes please stop. They’re coming at me in lots of different ways and I hate all of them. I’ll adjust, I always do. Right now though, I’m reverting to rereading books from my younger days. And a lot of reflection. Several HOLY SHIT moments…
I. My daughter is turning 2 this week.
- I always judged those women who were like “My BABY is growing UP!” because of course they are stupid, that’s what they do.
- Now I’m all “My baby isn’t a baby… where did the baby go? Who is the little person who teases me and has opinions?”
- Uh… I guess we are in the place to start talking about having another baby………… not sure on that one. <insert more thoughts here>
II I’m turning 32 at the end of the month.
- When did I become an adult?
- Am I an adult?
- If 30 is the new 20s, then what the hell was I doing 10 years ago?
- When is it officially time for me to have to “get it together”?
III I live in Korea… and have for almost 5 months. (read: half the time I spent abroad the last time I was abroad 10 years ago)
- I both have done a ton of things, and “nothing at all”. Living in a foreign country is nothing like visiting it.
- I am learning not to compare myself to others and their adventures.
IV. I can’t sit still, and I have to make all the things
- crochet projects, trying to create impossible things in short periods of time
- interest in everything, especially new things that I haven’t gotten into yet (sewing, using inks with paper crafting)
- large purchases on art supplies
- frequent messes on the dining room table (where else will I work?) that I never clean up.
- Halloween decorations – it’s never too early to start decorating with skulls.
- 7 loads of unfolded laundry on the couch.
V. Must read all the books. Artemis Fowl was ok… probably not worth the rest of the series… new suggestions?
And now- after all of this- not much writing but a lot of catching up with friends online, my happiness meter is fuller. I feel better. Definitely tired. Maybe I can sleep now. I shall endeavor to rest well and start tomorrow with another walk, with the kid, and up and down the hilly streets of my neighborhood.
Also I made these today using labels from Cathe Holden: