My husband is a genius. Which we already knew on other levels. I recounted my “I can’t find this blog ANYWHERE on the Internet” story to him and he suggested Googling my name. Which returned hilarious results because it was my maiden name.
Update: I reread that line “Which returns hilarious results because it is my maiden name.” And I have NO IDEA why that is hilarious or really what it means. Maybe I have to re-google my maiden name and see what pops up?
In any case I thought “OH” I should Google my pen name “schmolzanderson” [a veritable mashup of the last names I’ve had] and BOOM. A blog I knew I had but couldn’t find. Including. The list.
Here is my original post surrounding the *why* for the 101 in 1001
One of my favorite jokes is “There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don’t.” Mostly because binary has fascinated me since childhood and I feel like I can appreciate the simplicity of on/off, yes/no, right/wrong. The lack of a gray area is soothing. Probably because life is so topsy turvy these days.
I’m enthralled with the project and have vowed to start it myself. I pondered whether to use iWeb for the project or – instead to do a blog, but I realized that I wanted to be able to update from anywhere and that meant to go blog style. Here we go.
a note in binary: 01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01101101 01100001 01111010 01101001 01101110 01100111 00101110 00100000
Here is the update for “The list”: *clarification* – 101 Things in 1001 Days
blog / journal regularly
2. eat a piece of whole fruit daily
3. learn how to run
4. plan a creative project monthly
schedule time for weekly phone conversations with far away family
6. set up a pen pal schedule with the kids
7. reach level 60 with my Blood Elf Warlock (Lvl 61) and my Undead Warlock (lvl 13)
8. finish playing lego batman
9. start and
finish a knitting project
organize the clothes system in the house
unearth ALL of my crafting materials and projects and organize them
12. paint something regularly
all of my medicine every day
achieve my weight loss goal of 10% *However after having a baby, I lost weight and then gained it back. But I still *technically did it*
15. explore m’new town
16. go goodwilling/thrift storing/garage sailing at least monthly
join a csa.
18. learn how to grow something on our stupid patio.
teach the cats to stop eating electronic cables
20. take a cooking class.
21. transform the kids’ bedroom and turn it into something usable
get the broken dresser out of the bedroom.
23. hang the pictures on the walls.
24. make a train cake and decorate it.
25. have a Halloween party.
26. make new friends.
learn how to knit and crochet from a pattern.
sort out my knitting stash.
learn how to cook southern food, like okra.
set up a savings plan
write a will
make sure that I actually have life insurance instead of theoretical life insurance
33. purge facebook “friends”
34. commit to walking 3x a week, or swimming or some sort of activity
35. do my physical therapy exercises every day.
stop eating so much sugar.
learn how to cook steak/meat/pork
38. develop a stronger emotional intelligence
plan date nights/quality time with my husband.
40. learn a new board game every week.
41. finish at least one book monthly.
42. learn how to archive books that have been signed.
incorporate flossing at night time.
wash my face EVERY MOST night(s).
45. listen better,
46. find a community service program to get involved with
47. learn and become certified in Aperture.
48. send letters to the family in Germany
49. finish thank you notes for the wedding.
50. get all the family’s birth dates into the calendar.
51. plan a trip abroad to see family/friends/babies
plan a trip to California to see family/friends
learn 3 things about each of my coworkers
get an emergency kit set up in the car.
keep my car clean/ clean out the car regularly
56. teach the cats to do laundry [not accomplished but we did get rid of the cats]
57. teach the husband to fold laundry
start learning a new language (I’m learning “Tony”)
figure out a system to recycle in this non recycle friendly town
60. get a working printer
61. get all my dental issues fixed (IN PROGRESS)
62. attend a family reunion
host christmas 2012 with both sets of parents AND the kids
64. cook a thanksgiving dinner from scratch
65. grow food that we can eat.
get a raise/promotion or other career growth.
67. finish my Master’s degree- in whatever frankly
sort my books and inventory them
update the movie inventory and sort movies in some recognizable order
70. learn to sew something to wear from a pattern
71. purchase the comic and dvd of “the Guild”
72. purchase “Dr Horrible’s Sing Along Blog” dvd
73. learn how to make fancy decorative cakes a la duffy from the ace of cakes
scan and enter all of my favorite recipes into a database/bento
75. try a new recipe at least 2x a month
find some project to donate to regularly
77. get more involved in the military life
learn to be more patient with my husband (in progress)
schedule care packages for friends with upcoming babies/life changes/moves to foreign lands
80. visit japan and taiwan.
quit caffeine. I mean really. forever. Even when I’m tired.
smile more, judge less
get a larger couch- one that both my husband and I can sleep on together.
put wedding photos together in a book for us, both sets of parents and the kids.
85. take a photo every day.
learn to let go of the little things.
do one thing every day that is slightly outside of my comfort zone.
clean out all the boxes left over from the move.
90. find a new TV show to watch.
91. buy my husband the entire sopranos box set.
make sure that we own all 6 of the Star Wars movies in BluRay
93. purchase/research buying a new board game monthly
94. buy a house.
95. learn to drive stick comfortably.
96. clean the seats in the jetta so tony will drive it.
plan meals every week
plan a web chat with the parents biweekly.
99. paint the bedroom
100. learn to refurbish furniture (
or learn to paint it!)
101. change the name on my passport to my new legal name.